Friday, October 05, 2012

A deep breathe before the long dark night




I’m totally in love with fall as well. I feel a sense of relief with the return of cooler weather, the change of the leaves and most importantly, the return of a little more routine paired with a beautiful sense of hiding that comes with our impeding hibernation.


Once autumn is even remotely on my radar I find myself drawn to darker colours, layers of warm fabrics and I get totally obsessed with getting my home ready for the return of another long winter (organizing, cleaning and plenty of fall cooking!). I feel much more stable and focused at times like these. Summer is wonderful but I always feel a little lost in it’s magic. During those beautiful hot months I recoup, as we all do, reading books I don’t always give myself time for, eating only salads and spending time outside and by the water… but that can’t last forever. With fall I feel a deep inner strength return. The long nights are full of quiet beauty that has been missed. I feel more focused and more like myself again. It’s a darker more brooding self perhaps, one that is turning inward as the seasons change but I’m just so grateful that this change is here.


Hope you are enjoying this enchanting time of year as well!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment